PITTSBURGH'S POP-UP MARKETPLACE + MAKER COMMUNITY
The organization behind I Made It! Market and The Neighborhood Flea is seeking an intern to assist with event planning, writing, design, and promotion of pop up arts/retail events in Pittsburgh. We will tailor the internship for the right candidate based on their skillset.
Our internships are unpaid and require a minimum of 15 hours a week on average capping at 20 hours a week. We have worked with multiple local universities to ensure that interns receive credit toward graduation by completing an internship with I Made It! Market/ Neighborhood Flea. After completion of an internship, successful candidates may be eligible for paid hourly positions.
We manage hundreds of artists and sellers throughout each season and work diligently to promote our artists and sellers and the events we produce. Our efforts include social media (visual and written posts) as well as maintaining our website, public relations, and individual artist promotion.
In person events require maturity and professionalism as a representative of the market.
Responsibilities for Event and Promotional Interns include:
-Assistance in executing our editorial calendar including writing and publishing social media and blog posts (experience with Squarespace is a plus!)
- Writing and pitching press releases to local and national media
- Inclusion on our annual and holiday market sponsorship campaigns
- Working as part of a team (including other interns) in our event planning efforts
- Updating our Website, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts
- Researching trends in the handmade and urban flea movements
- Updating email newsletters and completing online event listings
- Event organization, vendor relations, customer service at events
Responsibilities for Design and Digital Media Intern include:
- Creating individual images to promote our artists and events including specific imagery for blog, social media, print materials
- Photography and video production
Additional responsibilities may be included depending on the candidate’s interests.
At the end of the semester the candidate will have participated in some of the following: staffing at least 4 in-person events, published at least 12 blog posts, pitched 3 events to media, created digital images for 3 events, and for design interns, conceptualized and created at least 1 event flyer.
To apply, please research our websites and social media. Then, send your resume and cover letter to: Carrie Nardini 412-254-4464 firstname.lastname@example.org.